Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Mighty Mumbai

It was another boring day at office today.I left my workplace with things incomplete, waiting eagerly for my brother's call to pick me up. As usual he didn't respond to my call and I sat back in the lobby reading a newspaper.I quickly took the TOI paper and started reading the Sports Column. I was happy for Roger, he has ended this year impressively defeating Murray and also grabbing the World's best Player for the fifth time.So amazing are his energy levels.I cursed myself for missing the Live match.I was happy for a while and then took up "India Today", the weekly magazine. It had a wailing picture of a woman as its cover page. Turning the pages I came to know what was it about, the 26/11 attacks which took place in Mumbai Last year. It has been an year since terror striked the "Mighty Mumbai". The mag gave an exclusive report about all the strikings which took place in the various parts of the city. Many of them lost their dear ones making the rest of life miserable.The NSG commandos sacrificed their lives to bring the city back to peace facing the culprits boldly for the Nation. The entire Country mourned for those
who gave their lives fighting the terrorists. It has been an year and still the culprits are at large, justice has not been done. Let us hope that this violence will not shake the Nation anymore and we become more prepared to fight back any large scaled evil-forces. Let the souls of the civilians who lost their lives rest in peace.

Jai Hind

1 comment:

  1. Mighty Mumbai........my dream city...
    I was awestruck....!!!! to see the 63hour live massacre exactly an year ago.....Still the video clips wander in my eyes When i think of Mumbai.
    My salutes to the brave heroes who brought the massacre....down

    Nice article sruthi....keep the habit of writing your thoghts...Soon We will see an author like Chetan Bhagat in you..

    ReplyDelete